Doug & Emmy's Family Restaurant & Cafe

Doug & Emmy's
200 S Main St

Layton, UT

(801) 544-7607

http://dougandemmys.com/
(needs to be updated)

Food (Quality, Quantity, Menu):
I've heard they have the best breakfast. Apparently we came at the wrong time (dinner). I ordered a French Dip sandwich that was just like any ol' French Dip. Don't get me wrong, it was good - but not like the raving reviews I'd heard of this place.

Service:
Fast! Although, the waitress seemed rushed. Maybe too fast, if she's feeling rushed.

Ambiance/Atmosphere:
It was a little warm because the kitchen only had what looked a swamp cooler. The dining room had what looked to be some "regulars" seated at the tables.
And, yes it is a family restaurant, but it seemed like it just wasn't in it's glory days anymore. It felt a little worn out.

Overall:
I didn't see what the big deal was all about when people say "oh! you haaaaaave to eat at Doug & Emmy's!". I did. And it was okay.

What I did find interesting was the juxtoposition of old and new. It was fun to be in the old building, looking out at the new high speed train paused at the stop directly behind the restaurant.


We would go again. We have to try the famed breakfast menu.






Additional Reviews:

Lots of review on Trip Advisor.com
Yelp.com Reviews

Doug & Emmy's Family on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment